Statewide Title and the NCLTA have adopted the following principles of conduct as an affirmation of our longstanding adherence to these values.
ALTA PRINCIPLES OF FAIR CONDUCT
1. To engage only in business practices that are lawful and consistent with a high standard of ethical behavior.
2. To encourage a culture of compliance within their organizations for federal and state laws that govern the title insurance business and for these Principles.
3. To treat consumers in a fair and ethical manner.
4. To provide consumers with timely and comprehensive information regarding their policies, services, products, and prices so as to enable consumers to shop effectively among providers of title-related services.
5. To encourage and assist consumers to be educated purchasers of title insurance and title-related services.