The Statewide Title Newsletter and Legal Memorandum

View Current Newsletter - Search The Archive 
Sign UpPrint

Issue  15  Article  31
Published:  10/1/1996

View the Entire Newsletter

Form 1099-S - Real Estate Reporting Requirements
Gary Morgan, CPA, Roberts and Morgan, CPAs

Did you know a form 1099-S is required if it involves any of the following sales?

1. Improved or unimproved land. Air space is included.

2. Permanent structures, including any residential, commercial or industrial building.

3. A condominium unit and its appurtenant common elements.

4. Planned unit developments.

5. Stock in a cooperative housing corporation.

Statewide Title, Inc. has 1099-S reporting for attorneys. Here is how it works:

(1) Fill out the 1099-S Real Estate Transaction form at closing.

(2) Submit a copy to Statewide Title, Inc. Statewide Title will be responsible for filing the information electronically with the IRS.

(3) Give a copy to the seller who will use the form for tax return preparation purposes.

(4) Retain a copy on file.

The Statewide Title 1099-S Real Estate Transaction forms and detailed instructions have been designed to simplify the process and can be ordered from Statewide Title, Inc.

Call (704) 637-1027 or (800) 821-5414. Ask for the 1099-S Servicing Department when ordering. Our marketing reps will be explaining our new 1099 service to you soon. If you have any questions about our 1099 services, please call.

View the Entire Newsletter -  Search

Follow Statewide_Title on Twitter       View Statewide Title's profile on LinkedIn