G.S. 45-21.23 states that a foreclosure sale shall be held between
10:00am and 4:00pm on any day other than Sunday or a "legal holiday". The
following is a list of holidays for G.S. 103-4(a):
- New Years Day, January 1.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.s Birthday, 3rd Monday in January.
- Robert E. Lees Birthday, January 19.
- Washingtons Birthday, 3rd Monday in February.
- Greek Independence Day, March 25.
- Anniversary of the signing of Halifax Resolves, April 12.
- Confederate Memorial Day, May 10.
- Anniversary of the Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence, May 20.
- Memorial Day, last Monday in May.
- Good Friday.
- Independence Day, July 4.
- Labor Day, first Monday in September.
- Columbus Day, the second Monday in October.
- Yom Kippur.
- Veterans Day, November 11.
- Tuesday after the first Monday in November in years in which a general election is to be
- Thanksgiving Day, the fourth Thursday in November.
- Christmas Day, December 25.
G.S. 103-4(b) states that whenever a public holiday shall fall upon a
Sunday, the following Monday shall be a public holiday.